Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Australia and New Zealand DT and SB 2018
Enjoy a birds-eye view with a difference after winding your way along Victoria's famed Great Ocean Road. Watch the wild, waddling penguins of Phillip Island emerging from a hard day's fishing as they parade up the beach and to their dune burrows as the light begins to fade over the horizon.
- sightseeing, koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian Devils, Penguin Parade and Great Ocean Road
- 3 buffet breakfasts
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Four days including sightseeing, koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian Devils, Penguin Parade and Great Ocean Road
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- Airport transfers in Melbourne
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 800-816-6046 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704367
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 4 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Arrive Melbourne (3 Nights): On arrival at Melbourne Airport you will be transferred to your hotel (flights anytime). The afternoon is free for you to do as you choose.|
|Day 2||Twelve Apostles||Great Ocean Road - Twelve Apostles: Travel inland through Victoria's rich farming land and take a break in the lively regional town of Colac, on the doorstep of the Great Otway National Park. When you reach the Great Ocean Road you'll be greeted by the amazing sight of the Twelve Apostles, limestone stacks rising dramatically from the Southern Ocean. Visit the information centre and take a stroll along the boardwalk to enjoy the scenery from various vantage points. In Port Campbell National Park you'll hear stories of the tragic loss of over 50 ships along the rugged coastline and that of love and lives lost aboard the Loch Ard. After a lunch break, travel through the heart of the Otway Ranges, past fern-filled gullies, river inlets, towering limestone cliffs, sweeping white beaches and stunning forest scenery. View the popular coastal townships of Apollo Bay and Lorne before returning to Melbourne and the sight of its spectacular night lights.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||PENGUIN PARADE||City Sights - Penguin Parade: Experience the sights of cosmopolitan Melbourne. See Parliament House and the Shrine of Remembrance, pass Queen Victoria Market and visit the Royal Botanic Gardens. Travel to the Maru Koala & Animal Park to see koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian Devils and other native animals. View the Nobbies rock formations, overlooking one of the most treacherous oceans in the world, Bass Strait. So you think the koalas are cute, just wait until you see the Little Penguins on Phillip Island. Head down to Summerland Beach and just as the sun sets, the wild Little Penguins emerge from the sea after a hard day's fishing and waddle across the sand to their dune burrows.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Depart Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: You will be transferred to Melbourne Airport to connect with your onward flight (flights anytime).Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class